Welcome

My Daddy's Blog About Me

Saturday, October 22, 2011

1st Birthday



You always wonder who the first birthday party is really for?  So much planning and preparation goes into that special day.  I always wonder how many she will have?  Is this the first off many?  Will she see 100 of these?  How will she plan he first birthday for her first child?  All of these items rush through my mind as I helped plan out her very first special day.

My mind could not help be rush back to 365 days prior.  Waiting, walking, waiting, Wendy’s, waiting… and then, it was go time… A couple of pushes and out came Kaia.  Now here she is, walking, hi fiving, growing up right before my eyes as though this was supposed to be a part of my life from the moment I took my first breath.  Little did I know the impact she would have on my life.  I never knew then depth of love, compassion, and protection I was capable of until Sept 10th 2010.

Not everyone gets these moments.  Some of my closest friends either have no children or are unable to have them.  My compassion for them is not based on their life dreams going unfulfilled, I just do not know how to replace the joy that I feel in my heart.  How do explain the feeling you get when you see your only child in front of a cake the has a giant number “1”?  It is something special that all should enjoy and should never be taken for granted.  Again, I cant quite put it into words, but it is the greatest birthday present I could ever ask for.  Takes me back to my original question, who is the first birthday party really for?

No comments:

Post a Comment