Welcome

My Daddy's Blog About Me

Monday, October 24, 2011

Time to Let Go

Its only the beginning.  Tomorrow Kaia is starting off with a new babysitter.  This is not her first time that she will be staying with someone new, but this is the first time that I have to pack and make a schedule for her.  It is a little nerve racking as I have 9 outfits laid out on the bed for the week along with an extra set of onesies for each day she will be away.  Thankfully Grandma Lucy is an experienced pro at this and I truly have nothing to fear.  The biggest problem is going to be me letting go of this little girl for the first time on my own.  Over the past couple weeks we have grown closer and closer as more of her personality is starting to come out.  

The past 3 months have been the most trying and exciting times for me as I am making the adjustments into being a single parent.  Kaia has not been phased by the transition as she is becoming more and more independent. We have been fortunate enough  to have my mom watch Kaia on a daily basis and up until this week it has never been an issue.  As I knew this two week period was coming, I did not know that I would be this nervous as a parent. Leaving your child in the care of another person is never an easy thing to do, I still cant put her in the nursery at Church on Sunday.   I love the Guiets family and she will be in the best hands possible to watch her, but still there is some anxiety for tomorrow.  In making a schedule for Kaia, I didn’t realize how much work goes into a day of watching an infant.  Especially when that infant that has a motor that does not stop until its nap time.  I am not sure if I am nervous for Kaia as much as I am nervous for Ms. Guiets trying to keep up with her.  Nevertheless tomorrow morning will be a learning experience for all parties involved.  Hopefully I will be able to keep it together.    

No comments:

Post a Comment