Welcome

My Daddy's Blog About Me

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Step 1


A Shopaholic's Admission

It must be a funny site?  6’1” 240lbs walking around the infant clothing section in Target, Ross, and Marshalls.  Each time I hold up an outfit, she gets this huge grin on her face.  The question I have in my mind now though is if she likes the outfit, or the fact that a grown man is holding up a tiny little dresses and shoes… asking his daughter if she likes it?  Must be a funny site.

I am not sure what are the twelve steps to resolve an addiction are, but step one has got to be an admission.  I am a Kaia shopaholic.  I can’t help it.  Every time I am out at the store I have to pick her up an outfit or something.  I don’t want to be a parent who spoils their child with gifts and presents, but it is hard to resist some of these combinations the stores put together.   Each time I take her to my mom’s she ask, “is that another new outfit?”  I nod and smile.  As I have changed certain patterns in my life, it is hard for me to pass up an opportunity to provide the best for my child on the equivalent of an afternoon round of golf or an overpriced movie ticket.  As much as I love those two items, nothing compares to the smile on Kaia’s face when I hold up a new outfit.
 
My self admission who hopefully the first step in a long recovery process that is sure to come.  Gotta get this cured before she turns 16 and wants a car!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment