Welcome

My Daddy's Blog About Me

Saturday, October 22, 2011

An Introduction




Kaia’s chair is just high enough that it reaches the keyboard at my house.  By removing the table section of the chair, it slides up enough for her to press on the keys.  After dinner one night I decided to introduce her formally to the keyboard.  She is a big fan of music and loves to sing to whatever song is playing on the radio.  It is hard to gage if she will have the same passion I have for music, but it is my only hope that she at least has an appreciation for the art form that has brought so much joy into my life.

As I started to play a simple chord progression of 1 -4-5-1, she cared nothing for my tutorial and went straight for the colorful buttons.  The start button cued “Twinkle Twinkle” and she began to pound away improvising on top.  This was not Mozart.  I laughed as began hitting more buttons and switching from piano to the drums presets and back to piano.  With no cares for harmonies or melodies, she was creating her own symphony to the tune of twinkle twinkle.  I couldn’t help but laugh, at age three or four there will be plenty of time for instruction.  On this first introduction though, I hope it will be the start of a loving relationship that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment